That's how it sounds to me when I say I'm turning 30 this month. It's weird because I don't think it's old for others, but it sounds scary for me to be entering my 30s. It sounds like the start of the terrifying decent into an abyss of nothing but deteriorating bodies and lost dreams and time. Okay, it's not nearly that dramatic. It's more like - oh wow, my age starts with a "3" now.
I would like to use this as a perfect time to start taking care of myself - both mind and body. I was doing well about body last year but then I got busy, and then I moved and I just haven't taken care of myself lately. With my amazing rice cooker, I'm able to eat actual food again. I ought to be able to balance that out with some smoothies and water. I'm riding my bike more often (when it's not raining) and I'm planning to try out different physical activities this summer.
As for mind - I'm trying to challenge my abilities more often. I want to focus on my work, but I want to do things for myself as well - language exchange, writing, etc. This month I'll be presenting at Pechakucha, and that'll be a huge challenge for me. I'm quite nervous, but I want to create more chances to step out of my comfort zone this month.
So, I'm going to try to blog - here or on my other blogs - at least once a day. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment