Yesterday, Tokyo had its first snow. And it was a doozy. Trains stops, stores closed up shop, and Facebook exploded with pictures. I had plans in town so I headed out there early. Mid-route, I got a message saying that the plans were canceled due to the snow, so I turned around and went back home. Part of my route used the subway so there was no problem for that stretch. But the last four stations are above ground and the train was having all sorts of delays and issues. So I decided it would be best to walk home while it was still light out. How bad could it be, right?
Pretty bad. The snow was wet so an umbrella was pretty necessary. Unfortunately 5 minutes into my more than an hour long walk, my umbrella was destroyed by a nice gust of wind. It wasn't constantly windy, but when the wind did blow, it was strong. Basically it felt like I was being shot in the face with the snow. It was quite painful. And cold. And I was not happy.
But I made it home! And after a nice hot shower and some tea, I eventually thawed out. Although my joints did hurt for the rest of the night. They're good now though, so no worries. But anyway, I've decided that I want to use my senses more this year. To experience more. So even though this was not a fun experience, and one I hope I don't need to repeat anytime soon, it was a new experience so I'm glad I did it. But once is definitely enough.
But I did get some nice pictures, I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment