Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Newest adventure

So caving into to peer pressure from some of my best friends, I've signed up to a dating site. I have to say, the whole process of signing up and creating a profile is extremely 面倒くさい (bothersome). I really couldn't be asked. So one of my friends ended up creating the profile for me. He actually knows me really well and the answers were pretty well suited to me, so that's that.

The profile has been up for three days, and I've received three messages so far. Out of the three, one seemed interesting and somewhat human. The other two however left a bit to be desired.

Guy 1: 'Sup?

Really? Is this supposed to pique my interest? You're not talking to me at the bar. Can't you put a little more thought into your opening statement?

Guy 2: I'm gonna be honest...

Thanks, I appreciate that, but I can already tell you that I probably don't need to read the rest of the message. But I will anyway

Guy 2 continued: I'm not looking for a girlfriend.

Okay...I can guess where you're going with this....

Guy 2 continued (slightly paraphrased): I'm looking for some sexual pleasure and if you are too and you're interested in a 39 year old, contact me.

Never mind that my profile says nothing about casual hookups (though that's an option listed on the site) and that you're out of the age range I've listed. I do appreciate the upfrontness, but I'm gonna pass.


So, let's see what the next day or so brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment